Wednesday, February 7, 2024

7.2.2024 Wednesday - Launching of projects


A nice packed day - that is the plan for my day. PH will replace me at the site meeting so that I can attend the official launching of the Roxy Impiana as well as one of our apartment projects. 

Earlier in the morning, Fiona and Freddie invite me to go through the financial projection they had prepared for the year. New directors, immediately with new directions. It is a weight off my shoulders, and off Sam's as well eventually. And the projection looks good.

At 1030am we head over to the hotel, I thought that there will be the 3 of us, but the office decided to join us. And I'm glad that they did, to see their work being acknowledged publicly as well executed and significant. The videos they did for the projects are clear and comprehensive. Sean took photos using the new camera his grandfather gifted him.

At noon, we secure a corner table for the 9 of us, Freddie and I sit and chat about work until they bring dishes of food for all of us. It's like having many children.

At 230pm we meet with the client and the landscaper to select and propose trees for the PD Residences. We're not very good at it, but as a group we manage to cobble together a viable scheme. We use the large screen to show photos of the plants, it is a good and fruitful meeting, with fruit cake from Ms. Yap our engineer. 

After squash, I join our PAMSC meeting - it is not a good experience but re-assures me of my decision to quit the committee after this term. The fumbling start of our meeting, 30 minutes to log into ZOOM, no urgency, no initiative, clueless. The dinosaur speaks and give his opinion about the proposes design forum - but his glory days are over, after his failure to launch the Design Forum 2023, I would shut up if I were him. Still self important, still oblivious to the real world. Tragic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment