Sunday, February 11, 2024

11.2.2024 Sunday - small achievements today

Something which has been on my mind for a long time - to brace the bottom of the book shelves Sam and I built. Both ends need this support as they do not have legs. In my mind, it has been a huge task: to find the right metal bracket, to prep, to drill the masonry wall, to clean up afterwards. 

This morning, I completed the task on my own less than 20 minutes; there is no need for s store bought bracket, I use a piece of off cut timber cut into 4 inch length, I find the right masonry anchors on the shlef at home, the drill bits in the tool box fit the purpose. The screws fit and went in nicely. I wiped the dust off with a damp cloth, and took these photos. 

Putting things off makes the task harder - it weighs on the mind when the actual task is easier than expected and takes a much shorter time. Now all the heavy books in the boxes can go on the shelf and the boxes cleared away. Just in time for a 初二 dinner with the Sias




The brackets are below the bottom shelf, just where HJ is seated

Another things which has been weighing on my mind was slightly cleared up this evening, when the Sias arrived with food to share with us; a quiet ad-hoc family dinner after which we sipped hot coffee and flipped through some of Philip's books.

No comments:

Post a Comment