Sunday, February 4, 2024

3.2.2024 Saturday - Professional cover


Sam and I attend the Professional Indemnity seminar at the PAMSC Centre, meet up with Shamini and Madeleine - we have not known each other long but we seem to click; chatting about work, people and family. Sam bought them some local delicacies and offer them a place to stay when they visit with family. Madeleine has a special needs son, 15 years old - it must be challenging for them. We don't know the problems people face behind their professional demeanour - it pays to be kind. (and helpful).

We get on so well it prompts Ivy to ask 'are you guys old friends?'. Sam quips - we are their old friends. Sam is a good foil for me, I feel that together we are more than 2 personalities. (I want to say the sum of our parts but it sounds a cliched)

In the afternoon, I spend some time in the office - JY is in colouring the amended building plans for PD. I often tell her to get help with this task, but I think I know why she does this even though others might view this as boring repetitive work. She wants a bit of time to enjoy the finishing stages of a long task, and to assure herself of its proper completion. I do that as well, Sam too - serving the pasta we prepared; dishing it on to individuals' plates, sanding down a piece of woodwork I made and so forth.



No comments:

Post a Comment