Thursday, February 29, 2024

26.2.2024 Monday - speaking to Samuel L. Jackson via Whatsapp

I am using this drawing because the interested party visit this resort that we were involved in.

Two weeks ago, we received an email asking to meet to discuss a potential project. This is not unusual, our revamped website appears to be doing its job. Except this call was from someone in UK - wanting us to work with his designer on some properties that his family owned locally. 

I agree to a video call today - he suggested 5p.m. (which I declined as I have squash) and agree to meet up at 7p.m. - I end up speaking to them both in the squash court after my games with Patrick. 

20 minutes into the call, I decide not to take up their offer; lack of previous working experience, unfamiliarity with local construction practices, working remotely with teams overseas, a slight hint of condescension from the designer and a gut feeling that this will likely be unproductive. But I sit through the chat for another 20 minutes, we are nothing if not most courteous and well brought up..

No comments:

Post a Comment