Sunday, February 4, 2024

4.2.2024 Sunday - Not a day of rest

I wake up early and finish a sketch of the Woolloomooloo Finger Wharf, and decide where to work today. Sam and I decide on planting seedlings at No. 40. At noon, she left me to finish the new book shelf which has been sitting in the front yard for the past 3 weeks. At 2 a.m. mom comes along and decides to sit outside to watch me work; it is a hot but breezy day, she comments on the passers-by, my work and asks questions about dinner plans, and school time tables. She offers to get me drinks (which she does not when I accept her offer) and offers to help when I cut timber (which she does, seated on the floor and holding on to the end of a plank)

planks rescued from a school which was demolished; the paint is stripped back and the timber sanded smooth.

 
the works supervisor, eating bananas and drinking tea

by 7 p.m. the frame is complete except for the legs and a final sanding. we will decide if we will to satin it after the final sanding. 

Sam cooks a spicy mala dinner


No comments:

Post a Comment