Friday, August 4, 2023

4th August 2023 Friday - talking all morning


Sim SJ invited me to speak to fifth formers at St. Jo Private (via Christina Wong) - I agreed, it has been a while since I spoke to high school kids. I brought Joanne along after Sean (coughing) and Fiona (coughing politely and declining) were not able to attend. I thought Joanne did well, she modified my slides to suit her talk, she was informative and engaged with the audience. She was let down a little by the lack of microphone. 

I thought that the class was a little unruly compared to my last experience at St. Joseph Secondary School. I also thought that some of the students were genuinely interested, and offered to speak to them in our office.

Later that morning, I had a good chat with a client who reminded me to put in fee claims for the project we were working on. And received confirmation for another new project from him, I posted this earlier - the Riverhouse would be a nice vehicle to re-visit the tenets of tropical architecture, and experimentation in construction and detailing.

Back in the office, Freddie and Sean had some success with the videos that they are getting Jocelyn to prepare for the student hostel and the masterplan. Later that evening Eijing reminded me to file in remaining fee claims for his house renovation.

A swim and drinks with Bensen, SY and Sam rounded up a good day out.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment