Wednesday, November 8, 2023

9th November 2023 Thursday - a difficult evening


 



What was meant to be a early start to the day turns out to be a quiet morning of drawing, and talking to the young people. Sam takes me to a new TCM for my cough. He thinks it is an allergy; to all the things I like to eat - nuts, dairy, citrus fruits. He gives me a 5-day course, let's see.

I spend the afternoon designing new book shelves which I will build myself, since the carpenter is too busy. Liew has agreed to cut the members for me, I'll just assemble. 

Later that evening, I take the Doc to the sky bar after squash, I thought he's be tickled as he used to visit the place in the 80's. And he is suitably impressed, and he is rather a difficult one to win over. Willington is delightful, opening rooms to show us and explaining how they are charged etc. 

Later again, I attend the PAMSC November committee meetings and dinner, at what is definitely the worst restaurant ever; the Kapitan Nyonya. Dishes left on the side table, cooling instead of being served because the meeting is still going. They could have asked if we want to be served. 9pm closing time, but no drinks order at 845pm. It is incredibly stupid, others at the dinner are equally dense. I got upset at the stupid ones and also at the arrogant one who thinks he has done better. I will finish my duties this term; the design festival, the newsletters 10 more issues left plus a fat issue. After that, I step aside and let them take over. I'll miss these meetings and the fellowship of most of them in the committee but part of me wants to see if they can continue what I left off. 




No comments:

Post a Comment