Wednesday, November 22, 2023

21st November 2023 Tuesday - sending folks home



This is the third day of morning walks and fruit lunches, and I feel good about it mentally and physically. I have a long chat with PH about work and people, and feel good about it as well. I decide to take back the houses from the boys, they are not focused enough for me. It's too bad because I had plans for them, to help them grow as architects.

Later that night, we have dinner with the remaining speakers: Shunri and Eric were catching late flights back home. Sam is very sweet and orders a laksa via grab, when she hears that they have not tried our 'national' dish. We have definitely made some friends, it seems a natural thing to happen making sure that they meet other folks rather than just the other speakers and committee members.
 
I tease Shunri - that he accepted our request to speak in Kuching, not so much to share architectural ideas and experience but to visit longhouses and orang-utans. He did not disagree. 

No comments:

Post a Comment