Friday, November 24, 2023

24th November 2023 Friday - quite an eventful day

 We receive news that 2 of our projects have obtained planning approval; both are hotels, one of which is by a lake. The team has been working constantly on them, so we are in good stead - potentially more work on ground next year.




Today is also JC's birthday, so Sam and I make her an offer. I explain to JC - this is good for her and it makes us feel good about the situation. And she deserves it - she says she will sign it. We cook lunch for her and the office - Korean army stew, my version is not as good as Peggy's but it goes down well amidst lots of chit chat. 

I continue yesterday's good design discussion with Sean and Freddie by drawing out options and ideas on the yellow trace Sam bought for me. 



The day ends with drinks and dinner with the PDF2023 team, SY suggests that I make a speech. I do - specifically thanking the young ones; the Sims for accepting my request to undertake the graduate event for PDF, and carrying out the design competition so diligently and carefully (perhaps they were a little too obedient, but they will grow out of it), the Laus for the no-fuss execution of all the catering and behind-the-scenes logistics. And lastly, Johann for being a champion in accepting my request to be the event Emcee (after 2 tries), he was calm and collected, and good at the tasks. 



No comments:

Post a Comment