Tuesday, September 10, 2024

10.9.2024 Tuesday - new project

speaking to George while at Corliss meeting

The morning's meeting is straightforward after which we go for a nice lunch since the afternoon meeting shows the prospect of a new project - you pick and I'll pay - I say to Leong. 

Over lunch, we talk about the reasons why I left DNA - in the hindsight there seems many reasons but ultimately there is only one; that I did not want to continue paying such large sums for staff whom I am not able to use. 

At 130 pm, we met with the man, the son says he is in a good mood today and it would appear so. He welcomes us with coffee, cake, conversation (lots of it) and counter-proposes a fee reduction. We agree to meet in the middle and on a delivery deadline; and conclude the meeting. All - good; we have work next year. As the man said, this project will proceed, we are not doing it to show off to others. 

During the meeting, I hear two things which reinforces our position as a practice; this is not a small project for a firm of our smallish size; and that we are shortlisted for a invited competition. 6 local firms have been invited; I am guessing - MNSC, DNA, DO, PDC, IDC, us (I wonder how he places LO? KL firm perhaps)


No comments:

Post a Comment