Tuesday, September 10, 2024

9.9.2024 Monday - stress and relief

The item of stress today is the issuance of the SPVL construction set; which Sean promises by noon but release at 5pm. After which, the builder sends a confused text about completeness of drawings - he has not even seen them yet. I put it down to a panicked stage of the huge task in front of him, and verbally promise to see him if needed. 

I start the morning really earlier to place the lakeside reception building on HP's desktop - I am happier with this building's language. And seeing the blood pressure monitor on the table, I take my own reading; all is good. 

Another item of stress is the current state of our project reporting, finances, etc which Freddie suggests an admin girl might help with. I am reluctant to have another person in the office, esp if I have to manage her, and it seems that she will little to do in between fee claims and pay roll. And I say so to the two directors at dinner time. The moment of relief comes when all decide to try out Sam's method of reporting for two months and we re-evaluate. Everyone is taking on extra responsibility, which is good because it is about collecting money they have a share of. Timely entrance of TY signaled the end of our directors' meeting and start of dinner and drinks. 

I remark at dinner that his boss seems to not stress him as much as his predecessors - he agrees. I am happy for him. 

I thought that this language would sit better with the lakeside bridge and also the outlook structure at the temple. 



No comments:

Post a Comment