Saturday, December 2, 2023

1st December 2023 Friday - Khaliq


Two days ago, I saw an email from a former student from UNIMAS looking for work. I pass it to SML thinking that they'd need more staff. But in view of the confirmed project yesterday, I thought that Sean and George might need a pair of steady hands.

I rang Khaliq, who arrive Friday morning ready to work. We did put him to work, he'll start officially on Monday.

I next receive a call from a project manager from our apartment project, his daughter is an architecture student and in need of internship. Good, she can start on Monday s well together with Anisha, Zayn's daughter. Zayn was my Co-tutor in Year 1 UNIMAS. I enlist the help of Sean, Melvin and Fiona to put these young people to good use. 

Just this morning, Jenny and I have a conversation about her charge, who has put himself to good use but is not able to learn new things from the process. In fact he seems to go out of the way to learn new things, we agree on this and she decides to frame some assignments for him to 'take away' back to school in January.


No comments:

Post a Comment