Wednesday, December 13, 2023

12th December 2023 Tuesday - happy in our own company


A day full of small deadlines, for others as well as for myself. In the afternoon, I cheer up slightly after our chat about the condo scheme with Freddie, Fiona and Leong - the direction is gaining clarity. I text the client and promise an end of the week delivery - he is pleased to hear that. 

Sean has to see the planning officer about our project in Sibu tomorrow, I am a little concerned whether he will be ok to go it alone. He does not seem fazed; good. 

In the evening, I have a nice outing at the squash courts; the all out, soaking wet with sweat, lying on the floor at the end type of game. Francis and Joe are back, I last saw FJ at the courts months ago and congratulated him and gave him an apple. Tonight, I congratulate him again (he is recovering from heart surgery) and as luck would have it, I had an apple in my satchel. I gave it to him.

Since it is the eve of Sam's birthday, we decide to go out and have a quiet dinner. Seated side by side, in the smoky food court above a wet market, eating rice porridge - life seems quite complete. 

No comments:

Post a Comment