Sunday, December 10, 2023

10th December 2023 Sunday - blossoming




There was a time when I'd play tennis in the morning, with Ni and Khoon. And then head to the office at 8 a.m. Since moving to the new office, which is 9 minutes' walk away - I'm less inclined to do that. I'm more inclined to leave that for the evenings and so that I can end the day on a high. Exercise vigorously and then return home to a nice dinner.

I find that it's better to have the early mornings to myself, and if I were to exercise, it is something solitary. Running or walking fits the category, and prepares my mind for the morning of planning and design. The ritual of mental preparation is quite precious, and I find myself guarding it fiercely. 


In the late afternoon, I switch off slightly and start to plan my life out of the office and towards a swim, or a game of squash or tennis or the gym. Problem is when do I fit it the gardening or the carpentry? The weekends are too far apart, and half of it is dedicated to my mom. 


Perhaps I'll replace the early morning walks with a bit of pruning or planting.

No comments:

Post a Comment