Monday, December 4, 2023

2nd December 2023 Saturday - building shelves at No. 40

I decide to rest today, no tennis since I have a 10K on Sunday. Sam and I decide to go and build the book shelves at No. 40 instead. I have not done carpentry for a while, and take some time assembling all the gear together, but we are ready before noon. 

It looks easy to assemble these shelves; just pieces of thin plywood - that is because those are the 'tension' members - they support by hanging. And the short lengths which are the shelves, they are fatter so we can put screws through them more easily (they are 20mm vs the 12mm hangers). These are modules and have to be pre-assembled before they are hung from the first floor joists - that takes part of the weight while the remainder to be supported by the rough-sawn timber legs cut from the old roof timber.

As I explain to Ivy - it works by every element doing their part to help each other.















No comments:

Post a Comment