Monday, June 12, 2023

9th June 2023 Friday - goodbye Dory


Dory had a Instagram page. 

 Dory went to the vet a few days earlier because she wasn't eating and seemed withdrawn. I noticed when I carried her that her fur was a little straggly, and her breath smelt. This morning the vet rang Sam to tell her that Dory was in a bad way and we should think about letting her go. 

I told the folks in the office, and they quietly filed out to visit Dory and say goodbye. Leong and I had to leave for a site meeting, LH and QK stayed back. Mark wasn't in, and we all forgot to tell AC until the evening when she texted Sam. 

We adopted Dory from SSPCA when Mao went walkabout and Sherlin was pining for her.  (we found Mao several weeks later).
We adopted Dory with her 'cage' mate, Emo because I thought it was sad to separate them. That was in 2017. Emo passed on a year later, he was old and sickly to start with but we loved him. Just like Dory, who enjoyed being a family member, loved by the young people in the office, who bought  her toys and treats, and spoilt her by feeding her too much. I'll miss her little chirps and purrs when I pick her up and carry her like a baby, her big eyes staring back at me. And her paws that push my face away when I get too close to hers. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment