Thursday, June 15, 2023

12th June 2023 Monday - talking about Marcel


I promised Kamal a nice lunch the next time he is in town, Peggy and Sara obliged to cook for this man they thought might be German (from his appearance), or Muslim (from his name). Sam cooked a dish and brought it to the office. I wanted her to meet Kamal who is Bahai, like some of her cousins. 

Over lunch the conversation turned to Marcel whom Kamal regarded as an older brother when they're growing up in Kuching. Marcel passed away .. and I mentioned how I wished he could see this,  because much of how we function as an office I learned from him. Kamal remarked that Marcel was likely responsible for putting us together and is watching with delight from his new home. 

I thought that was very nicely put. 



No comments:

Post a Comment