Friday, June 30, 2023

29th June 2023 Thursday - breakfast for Thomians

 A few weeks ago, I volunteered to cook breakfast for my friends from high school. It had to be breakfast because one of them had to leave to open his cafe at 10 a.m. and another has a dialysis appointment just before lunch. I invited them to the office, it was convenient for me, large table, shops downstairs, and plenty of parking. 

I started preparing and cooking at 715 a.m. - not really in a rush but not able to sit down either. Kook Hua and wife, Diana showed up on time, and when he saw that I was still cooking he asked if his wife was able to assist me. I insisted that HE was the one who assisted; to slice the bread to make toast. He struggled quite gamely and I am sure was quite relieved when the others showed up to eat. 

As they chatted, I made a fruit salad to serve with yoghurt and honey with a topping of granola. While they ate obediently* I cooked ranch eggs to eat with the toast Kok Hua made earlier. A small serving of pasta  and coffee completed the morning's menu.


No comments:

Post a Comment