Saturday, May 27, 2023

27 May 2023 Saturday - 潇洒

YY is an architect who came for an interview'and became a client who recently retired to work on her own, doing affordable housing projects. She seems very happy. 

 I wasn't really interested in the talk but thought that perhaps Sean would benefit from hearing what young architects had to say about their work. And hopefully this might set a mindset of intuitively framing the design conversation as he worked. 

I also thought that Jenny might enjoy the community and the free lunch, so off we went. I caught the tail end of the talk by BFG, and met Sani's colleague who was told to look out for a bald architect in shorts. I didn't enjoy the design talk, the 2 young ones didn't have much to say though they spoke for a long time. (Sean's words).

There were enjoyable moments when I met up with friends, spoke to SY about PDF and Tay about a sharing series for/ organised by young architects. I corralled Johan into possibly planning one soon, he's one of new committee members. MW came over and asked his usual 'how are you, Ming?' I replied my usual 'very good' to which he laughed and said to Suh Chee standing next to me that I am the most 潇洒 architect he knows. Suh Chee tried to translate - cool was her translation. Later that day, Peggy gave me 'not affected by the opinions of others'. Collins Dictionary gave 'naturally unaffected.

Peggy also said 'it's a good thing' . 


No comments:

Post a Comment