Saturday, May 13, 2023

13 May 2023 Saturday lunch with Mike and Don


changing design and the sub-con meant an extra set of drawings and another level of attention needed to ensure compliance from someone un-familiar with what we want in our design.

 Early start, no exercise as yesterday's tennis combined with the extended fasting (until one meal a day: dinner) seemed to be adequate. I was in the office later as it was raining, when I arrived Jenny was also coming up the stairs, she is dedicated I must say. I wonder why this commitment did not help her through her Part 2. At the office, she wanted to discuss the master plan, and begged off and postponed till the afternoon. When I came out later, she was tidying up the PCs and my books - I was first annoyed then decided that she has a point and moved my stuff into the library. I do like a clean 'house'.

At the next table, is a tennis friend with another woman (not his wife) and Solomon described them as regulars and 'partners'.

Don is in Vancouver doing research into cancer ('I am a scientist') and Mike is with the Sheraton in Hangzhou, and has not been back for years. 

Lunch with Mike and Don, and Da and Hoon Kwang at Solomon's shop - talking about school days and retirement. I really enjoyed the banter as these two were good at it, and I have not seen them for a long time. There was a time when I looked up to Don, who was so knowledgeable and cool, with Mike Wong (and Ho, this one) with their soccer, and Nazir with his wit. 

watching Sia's niece's graduation from Oxford

Later in the afternoon, I cooked ginger chicken with rice wine, chicken and sweet corn soup, a prawn omelette, and stir-fried cabbage for dinner. I am making this my routine on Saturday, cook for family - today's family include Ivy and Sia. Pleasant surprise when Hong Yi showed up at Jenny's invite - he is working and gave Ivy his contact; draughting services, rendering, and the such. I invited him to drop by any time to use the office, he is a good 'kid' self taught with a good design eye. He has problems with deadlines, etc but people do grow out of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment