Friday, May 12, 2023

11 May 2023 Thursday - railing design, a lunch reunion and a dinner reunion


Changing design and sub contractors - simplifying it to its bare essentials with 3 added functions: a guardrail is a guardrail is a guardrail, until you add an upper frame which conceals a light (to read the menu, to see what you are eating and to provide ambient lighting), with a narrow counter top for drinks and small plates, which is also a horizontal barrier deterring people from getting too close to the edge. The change of the sub-contractor is also a good thing, I am tired of listening to excuses.

I wanted Teck to meet all my architects, today Sherlin briefed him on the YKS proposal she answered questions clearly and expressed opinions with confidence. He must have been quite taken by her because at the end of the meeting, he gifted her a belian cigar box. It is nice and heavy, well-made and too difficult to carry back to KL. I will use it to put cookies in, and have it on the conference room table. 

Members from the 'alumni' came for lunch - Vivian, Freddie and Bryan

Joyce and I worked in Port Moresby, with Hwong and Andy

I promised Joyce that I would cook lunch for her and her family, she dropped by with bottles of wine and brought her husband Joseph and eldest daughter. As usual, others in the alumni heard and arrived for lunch as well - many people sitting around the table eating food I cooked. I am making plans for Joyce to work on the interiors of our projects, she is good and might be a bit short of work. 

At 630 - we had dinner at Robyn's new place, she prepared a nice dinner for Sam and I, Swee and Ivy. We watched the sunset from her balcony.

7:00 p.m. I have not seen this aspect of Kuching before, neither have I seen the jets of water from the riverside fountain which appeared at 8:00pm


 

No comments:

Post a Comment