Wednesday, January 4, 2023

31st Dec 2022 Saturday - gardening with Sara


It rained the whole  night and continued to drizzle in the morning, but not enough to deter me from emptying the compost bin and tidying up the veggie patch. I didn’t feel like drawing or designing but wanted to be productive and collecting compost seemed the thing to do. I can’t remember if I asked Sara to come out to help me or she did it on her own, in any case when she came outside I asked she to dissect a clump of passion fruit seedlings. They are growing in a Boba tea container. She split them into plastic food containers, one tiny seedling in each with the newly harvested compost in support. We burned holes at the base of the food containers as weep holes. At the end of the hour, we counted 20 transplanted seedlings in their new containers; quite productive. 

We teach young people to be productive and be happy in what they are doing. I think that the two things are related, that we were happy when we are productive. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment