Thursday, January 19, 2023

19th Jan 2023 Thursday Sara meets Ah Teck



We prepared several projects to discuss with Teck today; the lakeside hotel, his office complex and a masterplan. The MAC2 was an additional project which Sara was working on, it was not on the list but I included it unofficially because I thought she would benefit from working on it with me and PH (only her). I thought the results of the project would be a good antidote to lethargy, mental stagnation and general out-of-sort-ness. I thought that meeting a client like Ah Teck would also be a good experience for her, since she had met him years earlier. She was quite tickled by the experience I think thought experience tells me that she has a ways to go yet, much of the present work was not her own and she had plenty of help (mine included).

I got her to think about 'what's next?'. I got her to text PH and pose this question. She was asked to re-do the sketch up based on the current cad and refresh her skp skills. I'll let PH lead for a while, he seemed to relish the idea of re-teaching her.

I rewarded myself with an Indian lunch, and an early afternoon departure from the office. The hampers were raffled off and the young ones trotted off with the giant baskets of new year treats. Sean showed good upbringing by offering his to LH who did not get one, it was a small gesture but it still show maturity I thought. 

Today is the 2nd day of swimming for 30 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment