Thursday, January 19, 2023

18th Jan 2023 Wednesday - No. 40



The demolition works at No. 40 has started. The children refer to the house as 'Amah's house' and they have memories of growing up there; . I do not have much sentimental attachment to this house, we moved in when I was in Primary 1. I moved from my grandmother's house where I have more fond memories of. Of No. 40 - I retain more unpleasant memories than fond ones. I seem to be always doing chores; folding laundry, wiping up after my brother when he wet the floor, being scolded when chores were not done to mom's satisfaction, I enjoyed some of the chores; painting the fence, the internal walls ( I was given RM35) - maybe because I did these on my own, during school holidays when Pa was at work. I remember making shelves with my father as well, I was his helper (as I suppose I was for my mom as well).

Recently, my mom and my siblings decided that I was the right person to own the house - rather than to have it in a stranger's hands. And with Pam's help, we are the owners of No. 40. During Pa's wake, I slept on a sofa in the car porch and thought about what I would do to the house if I owned it. Now I am able to test those design ideas.  

First day of 30-day 30-minute swim streak.





No comments:

Post a Comment