Wednesday, September 27, 2023

26th September 2023 Tuesday - taking the lead

I sent the drawings to the land owner, he texted back and asked for hardcopies; in colour. Ok - where do I send them? - doing my part as a service provider. My office, but you'll have to be quick, I am catching a flight at noon. I looked at watch, in the middle of the job-site checking defects rectification - it is 10 a.m.

I am not in the mood to talk to him about design layouts, unit sizes, and number of shop houses, I'll send HP. She can drive over. 

When I returned to the office, HP hadn't left, and she hadn't rung the man to tell him she was delivering the drawings. Don't worry, I'll call him - taking the lead. It seems that he has left the office and is now having an early lunch. 

Still taking the lead, I went with HP, thinking that I might as well go the whole hog; lead by example, put on a smiley face, go the extra mile. And explain the scheme for the fourth time to the fourth person. Despite a bit of a wild goose chase locating him 9and his wife) finishing their lunch, we sat and chatted about the scheme (he understands it now), he and his wife chatted to HP about schooling, architecture, work, her hometown and about their eldest who might be interested in doing architecture. 

I would like to think that HP suggested that they sent him to shadow us for fortnight, and not me. Maybe she did. The excursion ended well, I am glad I came to see him personally. Good training for me. 



No comments:

Post a Comment