Wednesday, April 26, 2023

26th April 2023 Wednesday - meeting new people

18th of April - Teck texted a image of a familiar house and told me that the house and land was for sale. We designed this house for a wealthy family more than a dozen years ago, it was well designed, it was well built, by the owner himself who now had to sell it because upkeep was too big a chore, because the daughter in law does not get on with his wife. Many reasons. I was interested only in one thing - to retain the house and make it part of the new development. 

To do this, I knew that we have to put together a package to illustrate this. And to have a good engineer willing to go the extra mile - and as luck would have it, I had arranged for Kamal to meet Teck.



The two of them got on really well when they found out that they had something in common - that the land that the Sematan resort stands on had belonged to the Fozdar family. Later, we had a good discussion about two projects, this current one where we had designed apartments straddled over the existing house and another where an exo-skeleton is built over an existing building to add new floors above. 

I have taken to starting the day even earlier, walking into the conference/dining room and starting work at 630 am - ignoring the meowing Fish and Dory and drawing. Ideas come to me then; how to proceed with a client, what to do with an awkward corner, who to make a model. I like that feeling that I have done so much by the time the others arrive at the office. 

Today, I got Sara to start a cardboard model and to finish it in a day. It was not very good, but it is ok we will make another one tomorrow. Hui Phing finished the Desa Apartment scheme, she did well ( I told her) Sean working hard to complete the condo drawings, tomorrow I will suggest a break and a site visit and an escape to the gym earlier.

Sam made an appointment for me at the Physio, and I got hammered with a Swiss device - I hope to recover from this ankle/heel injury. It has been about 2 weeks of me eating only one meal a day. I feel better, and even have enough energy to play sports in the evening.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment