Wednesday, April 5, 2023

5th April 2023 Wednesday - thunder and lightning

There is a moment in the middle of the afternoon when I normally get ready to leave the office for tennis or squash. I look out the window at the overcast sky, and there is a rumbling of thunder and a hint of lightning. I ask if anyone knows how to say thunder and lightning in Hokkien - no one does. Except for Jenny. She and I start to talk about the website material and the portraits we need and how to take them. By then we are all milling around and suggesting locations for the 'photo-shoot', and talking about other things as well while Jenny and I continue to discuss the company profile and the new company profile in PAMSC website. No one is working but they are contributing to the office. 
  

model for the wall art in the lobby of a new hotel

Earlier in the day, Sam and I finalise our plans to move folks into the new company; new contracts and a small pay increase. L seems to have recovered and we have a good meeting with the Renna contractor and client; all on the understanding that there will be frank talk and fair play. 

Fabian drops by at 2pm, and seems to have momentum to move site works forward - I hope that Ramadhan does not slow him down too much.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment