Saturday, April 1, 2023

1st April 2023 Saturday - keep on keeping on


 Rather happy with yesterday's productivity, I took the morning off from work after sending out one email for the student hostel project. I accompanied Sam to No. 40, she had to meet the electrician and I thought I might see the builder to talk about construction details he needed. He was not there. 

I struck up a conversation with Auntie Rosie next door, she wondered who was going to live in the renovated house. I told her my plans to stay there once in a while when Sam and I had a fight. She also asked after mom and wondered if she would be visiting No. 40 after the renovations. I told her my intention of bringing her on weekend afternoons, to see if she can still recognise the place. Rosie thinks not, 'but never mind, she might think that it is your new house and that's ok as well.


Later that morning, Sam and I went to the book sale and I found a book of diary entries by Alan Bennett 'Keep on keeping on' - I have always liked the way he spoke and told stories in his unique reading style. And now there is a shared interest in keeping a diary - there is a photo in this book of Alan taken from behind him; he is seated at table reading something, there are books and papers on the table with 2 tea cups white with blue rings. I can imagine myself lost in a book seated this way at a table, perhaps at the new 40.


No comments:

Post a Comment