Wednesday, April 12, 2023

7th April 2023 Friday meeting San and Kummy

Today is Good Friday but Fiona kindly agreed to come with me to the PD site to coordinate the ID design package between NSC and main contractor. Fabian was very helpful and proactive. The ID contractor is a familiar figure although his wife wasn’t ready to be familiar. She worked with Sam ages ago but were not in good terms, but it’s ok. Work is work, not all will become friends. 

It was a good meeting and I rewarded myself with an Indian lunch with Sam and Sean. Sara was away at a friend's wedding. 


That evening, we got out of the house after dinner (sometime we do not frequently do) to go and have drinks with Kummy and San. Kummy's late husband, Marcel was my mentor at my first job in Kuching - he passed away on the 23rd of December 7 years ago. This evening, I got to tell her how I wished he was around to see his proteges succeed in our careers - he would have been proud.  

San is her new husband, he was formerly from Kluang and seems pleasant enough as Canadians tend to be. They are traveling all over Asia, perhaps as part of an extended honeymoon and when in Kuching, they have an extended family of friends who want their time. This is why Marcel never seems to have time for us when he was in town.

No comments:

Post a Comment