Friday, August 9, 2024

10.8.2024 Saturday - speaking to Simon (and Mark)

 

“Agnus Dei”, Francisco De Zurbaran, 1635 – 1640, Museo del Prado, Madrid. 

These images are from a podcast by a favourite art historian (Sir) Simon Schama, who talks about his visits to several art galleries in the world - this time the Prado in Madrid which I have visited with Sam, and the other are the Whitney Museums in the New York. I realised that there are 2 of them; one by Marcel Breuer and the other by Renzo Piano. I prefer the early building, for its Brutalist ideas but I think Piano's building has better public space, light, and links to the city.

All this when I should be working on the weekends - but no; I am listening to BBC podcasts and updating my blog. But it is ok, I tell myself; it is for my mental well-being.



Late in the morning, the young man comes in for a chat. He had booked me earlier on Friday but I was not in the right frame of mind, nor had the time. It seems that he has another plan after his resignation from his company. It is curious for me that he would pick me for a chat. I have not spoken much to him, at work or about other things. He claims that I have always been a mentor, so I suppose I should listen and offer my opinion. And I should take that as a compliment. He leaves happier, with much options to consider.

No comments:

Post a Comment