Saturday, August 31, 2024

31.8.2024 Saturday - National Day

 

I call out 'chiak ah' and they all come for their dinner

I tell Eric how we enjoyed the company of these young people. I like how they have made themselves at home: running up and down the stairs, hanging laundry here and there and the sudden burst of laughter or loud discussion. 

This is what this house is for; my father would have understood it as would my grandmother for one was the benefactor of such a generosity. And the other the beneficiary. 

In reply, Eric tells me this:
During this period, I’ve often discussed with my students. Thank you for helping this group of young people understand what ‘home’ is, what life is, and what friendship means. We will also strive to carry on these values!



No comments:

Post a Comment