Sunday, November 6, 2022

2nd November 2022 Wednesday - bridge story

 

It felt like a busy day today, so I called off the morning tennis session and walked to the office at 7 a.m.  Nowadays, I either play tennis at 7a.m. or walk to work at the same time. Some days, I meet CW on his way out for his morning walk, he must think it strange for me to start work so early, he is one of them who speak about retirement. There are others who start the day early as well - Teck texted me and telling me he had originally written to the Public Works Dept to demolish the pedestrian bridge across the highway, but he has changed his mind after seeing me use this bridge regularly (it is a 9-minute walk from house to office using this bridge). Friends tell me that they see me walking to work, and think about giving me a lift but realise quickly that that would take longer than the 9 minutes I take to reach the office.



I like the early start because I have the office to myself. So it was a surprise when I arrived at the office to find the front door unlocked, the lights were not on so I someone had left the door unlocked for the weekend. Then I saw that Fiona was at her desk, she was copying files to work from home; she had tested positive again. She has mild symptoms only, she will still try and finish her tasks this week. 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment