Wednesday, February 23, 2022

21 Feb 2022 Monday Telling it like it is

job matrix - dividing responsibilities

 Our client had an interview with some potential consultants, and asked us to sit in. It was an online interview so quite a number of the client's team sat in, as did ours. There were 4 candidates, and after each 15-minute interview - we would re-cap and discuss our observations. For one candidate whom we have worked with before, I made it quite clear that while the director who attended the interview is an excellent Quantity Surveyor, his project QS was NOT useful and gave a few candid examples. My assessment will likely their chances, and I satisfied myself that it was for the good of the project. 

But as the day drew to a close, I thought I would ask GW and PH what they thought of my comments - one said I was a bit blunt, while the other had no such qualms and said 'but it is the truth'. Perhaps my only fault might have been speaking too bluntly in the company of so many people, especially the junior staff members. 

Telling it like it is. It is sure to divide, but ultimately I think the client would expect a honest opinion from us. And if asked by that candidate - I am sure that I would be able to repeat that same assessment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment