Friday, December 24, 2021

Christmas Eve, Friday


Hospital meeting in the morning started on a bright note, with the completion of the Pharmacy and Imaging departments - there are loose ends to tidy up before the 10.1.2022 but it was do-able and everyone seemed pleased with the outcome. We then moved on to general discussions and patient flow with the COO, who made some requests which I pointed out was not sensible; the additional external canopy leading from lobby to A&E, and the extra tall entry canopy at the boom gates. Two canopies which I told her were unnecessary and that we should not do - taking care to point out that we can't seem to satisfy their requirement for weather-tightness. Tat Hong joined and informed the same but with a better bed-side manner (he is the medical planner, so it was not unexpected).

The camera crew was here again, to shoot the back door scenes and seeing that I was free, asked me to walk up and down China Street. This was to sync the visuals with my conversations about how much I value the old shop houses. 

On my way to lunch with Clinton (he was leaving TJ), I saw these happy young bridesmaids helping a friend celebrate her wedding. The photoshoot looked like an amateur affair which I thought was rather sweet, further reinforced by their bright smiles as they saw that I was trespassing on their event.

Inspection defects at the Cove, it is necessary to me to show up at crucial times of the project to push things along to a proper completion. It is not that I am better at it, it is simply because I am older and this is appreciated in Asian cultures.




No comments:

Post a Comment