Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Boxing Day

 
Three returned home for the holidays while one has imminent plans to leave home for further studies - was one of the reasons for this after-Christmas gathering. I realise that we all have our lives with its peaks and troughs which we choose to celebrate quietly on our own or share with others in our worry. 

Sam and I are quite good with both though mostly interested in sharing the joys rather than the complaints, and the communication is even better now that she is actively working with me (since I am working from home most times; the weekends and early mornings usually is when she sees me most)

I thought that it was good for Sean and Sara to see their parents at work; treating it as part of daily lives, a matter-of-fact routine to view a recently struck off-form concrete wall, or to select a colour for the main door. This routine of daily work, which includes my tutoring at uni teaches them that there is a constant flow of work and therefore income so they don't have to worry and on the other hand, I hope it teaches them good work attitude.

Dinner at EH's is always a treat, though I wished for a longer chat after dinner but tomorrow is Monday.

Sean arranged for all of them to have 1 sqft of land in the Scottish Highlands as a Christmas gift 

Louise has become a constant participant of our 'family' dinners. Tonight she talked a bit about her boobs and how good they were.


No comments:

Post a Comment