Wednesday, December 22, 2021

22 Dec 2021 Wednesday

Wednesday - after the weekend zoom call with Penghui and Fiona, I started to sketch out the SOHO SK2. I did not have the whole idea in my head when I started, but sometimes you just have to start and hope that something will come to the surface. I also wanted to start because I had some free time, while the others are busy. It is a good lesson about getting things started.

So, early this morning, I sent out these images and hope that the others will see something to complement or to contradict me, and improve the scheme. The process goes to and fro until we think that it is ready to show the client. 
 
Late this evening, Teck rang me and asked if I was interested to look into the renovation of an existing hotel in town. I designed and oversaw the construction of his house, I found him to be bold and generous, he can be impatient but values hard work and thoroughness (we have those qualities). IJ was surprised when I told her that we do not pitch for work, and that all of our work is through referrals, which she found hard to believe. Freddie was with us then, and seemed to understand and agree with what I said. I counted and said - we have only 3 clients in total for the larger projects.




I remember that she was a little snooty (lighting supplier)








No comments:

Post a Comment