Wednesday, April 10, 2024

10.4.2024 Wednesday - Eid

I go for a run around the block (5k) and arrive at a kopitiam for Sam to find me, and share breakfast. After that I head to No. 40 to read books and sketch out work details for discussion, and record travel memories. It is the first day of Eid, a raining day which meant it is cool in the dining room. I am cooled by a table fan which was in our dinning room for the longest time, until Khoon took it for his house. I realise now that he has taken numerous things from the house. While I am sure he asked mom when he took them - it still comes as a surprise. The record player, records, the old granite grindstone, Pa's motorbike. 

Funnily enough, they have returned to No. 40 -  and not from my asking, Pam decides I should have them. Sean will get the motorcycle fixed, my brother told me in November that it is in good working condition. When asked by Pam over the phone, he admits that it has been two years since he tested it. Today is his birthday, but I am the one receiving gifts.


In the mid morning, we visit RF at the father's wake - we fell very protective towards her - she is an orphan now. Her uncles and aunties watch us from a distance, one comes over to be introduces, and tell me to instruct RF firmly if she misbehaves, loses her cool. How far from the truth I thought - RF is a very calm and mature individual despite her youth and slight frame. She is quite strong mentally with good discipline




No comments:

Post a Comment