Wednesday, January 17, 2024

16.1.2024 Tuesday - sunny with afternoon thunderstorms

View of the condominiums, part of the clubhouse is visible. It is a concrete structure with a planted grass roof

 The phone call comes when I'm in the Grab-car, in heavy downpour on the way to the cab. 'Can you come to my office now?'. I usually don't decline this client but it's been a long day and I am already late for my squash game.

I'll call you tomorrow - and ring off. It feels good to say no, to have a semblance of control although I do keep an eye out for messages throughout the evening. Still, it felt good to say 'no' when I didn't want to do what I was told to do.

Earlier today, I did what I should have done several weeks previous; to have a site meeting for the condominiums. Though combative in parts, we do see a light at the end of the tunnel. 

We made a model to confirm that the client understood our initial ideas for the school

After lunch, we do what we want to: to present the updated scheme for the school. We made a cardboard model, and lucky we did as it confirmed some key ideas.  

No comments:

Post a Comment