Monday, December 5, 2022

4th Dec 2022 Sunday - sore back, grumpy and hot

 


Today was an unproductive day, my back was sore which meant that I could not play tennis in the morning. It did not get better by the evening so I did not play squash that day. It is amazing how much my mood is dependent on the amount of physical exercise that I do in a day. And it did not help that I didn't get much work done either, as it was hot at home. Perhaps I was down with Covid, and joint pain is one of the symptoms, and I did have a bit of fever. 

I think the lesson is that I need to exercise with diversity; run, stretch. lift weights, swim on top of the racket sports. Otherwise the body is taxed in the same fashion continuously, and those over-taxed parts break down. 

There was a bit of a highlight when we have dinner with Pam who returned for several months from New Zealand. Brother in law was quiet as usual, and angry at something I thought. I thought it was me, for some offence I had unknowingly committed. Later in the evening, when Sam and Pam talked about mom, I realised he was angry with her (for being always in their lives now, for taking time away from his wife, and his children.)

No comments:

Post a Comment