Monday, December 5, 2022

3rd Dec 2022 Saturday - made 2 new friends

As usual, we provided good local hospitality and brought our friends to dinner when committee members were unable to attend. I made two new friends that evening, when they started a quiz about general knowledge.

This morning marked the beginning and the event of design lectures this year for PAMSC, both speakers were people I met late this year. Shyuan Kuee I met during the Penang WAD seminar - I was seated to her and congratulated her after her talk and she said something to me after mine. Something about how casual the delivery was, so I used the opportunity to invite her to speak in Kuching. I wanted the young ones in our fraternity to see how it was possible to produce good work recognised by the Institute in small towns like ours (Shyuan is from Ipoh), provided you have a vision of what you wanted to achieve and grit. She talked about how hard it was to collaborate with her peers in Ipoh compared to us in Kuching. 

Shan Ming we met through Kok Ming who brought us to WOHA's Meyer House in Singapore, she impressed us with her detailed tour of the project and her dedication to her work for someone so young. Again, I thought that our young ones could learn from this, she is only in her 30's, hopefully Sean will take a leaf from her book. 




No comments:

Post a Comment