Friday, April 22, 2022

21 March 2022 Thursday - some disappointments

the impiana hotel being renovated

 UNIMAS at 930 for Bau masterplan studio, the students seem to be on track though the ones whom we are paying special attention to help do not appear to catch on. The blank stares from one young man was particularly disappointing, I had set my mind to help pull him through this semester, he had repeated Studio 2 before. 

WORK provided another disappointment, when the lift contractor was not forthcoming with information, causing us to lose time and effort. Interestingly, it was his son who met us on site later that day to clarify and promise to resolve matters by next week. They neglected to tell us that they had ordered the lift and was unable to make the changes to suit site conditions - instead they stalled and argued on the phone. 

'I am disappointed that your father was not forthright with us' I said to the son on site at 5pm, after I apologised to him at 4:45pm for raising my voice on the phone with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment