Monday, January 31, 2022

31 Jan 2022 Monday Chinese New Year Eve.

AS Honda showroom - a large shed to house showroom and offices, to collect rainwater and provide comfort with limited use of air-cond. I'll email this to the client on the second day of the new lunar year, not appropriate to talk shop on the first day.

Ni and family traveled up to Lachau this morning, at 6 a.m. so I trotted over before that for a day of baby-sitting mom. She slept till almost noon, so I spent the morning thinking about work and drawing up a recent project. SL had set the base for me, so my work was made easier. I realised of late that there are many people in my life who make things easier for me, the pessimistic might say that they have been paid to do that, but I think they go beyond the line of duty. That little bit of mindfulness and consideration - minutes printed on A3 paper so that I can scribble on the blank side of the page, drawings printed and tagged like 'things-to-do' on a long flight, a quiet 'would you like us to buy lunch for you?' and consistently carrying out tasks even before I think of reminding anyone.

If only all the people around did the same - well, they don't and they continue to test me so I am going to see this as an examination of my current responsibilities, and a way forward to improve myself. (so that I don't rest on my laurels as I am prone to do after people compliment me on my success at work. 

Time for family; our reunion dinner was small with only 5 of us (mom included), there was little conversation in view of the day's main talking point, and we were eating at my sister's house as they drove back from Lachau. It was not festive, memorable for the wrong reasons and I didn't get to exercise.  


WORK COMPLETED A FEW DAYS LATER







 

No comments:

Post a Comment