Thursday, January 20, 2022

19 Jan 2022 Wednesday Cooking lunch


 Making it a habit to cook lunch on Wednesday for the folks in the office, it has become a habit for them as well because Sandra has stopped packing her Wednesday lunch. I asked her to time me cooking the tomato sauce (with cauliflower, leek, garlic and onions) - 30 minutes. This was a vegan sauce for Lance, for his quinoa - he didn't come to work so Melvin and Sandra went off and got half a kilo of roast belly pork which we stirred into the sauce and pasta. It was not vegetarian and definitely not Italian, but no one seemed to mind. 

During lunch time, I listened instead of talking (another habit I am trying to cultivate) to stories about waiting tables for RM 18 per night to earn pocket money. I was tempted to share stories about my similar experiences during uni, but they have heard it before , so I ate another bit of pork and listened instead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment