Tuesday, January 25, 2022

22 Jan 2022 Saturday Concept Home 2030



As shortlisted entries, we were invited to the final presentation to the judges; a publicity exercise - I was a bit skeptical about the whole affair but thought that I had to keep my end of the deal. The young people had worked so long and hard (and consistently) on this. 

We didn't win of course - we were too practical and considered, we were not 'out there' enough. Of course it irked me that others won, and we were not considered for the mentions, but I explained (and consoled myself) to SL that this was an exercise in working together and developing ideas outside of work. (although one of our shortfalls was thinking of it too much like 'work' - too rational).

We have good people with initiative; so Sam and I thought to reward them and thank them for their time and effort. It was a small gesture but I felt better after doing it. (1k)
Drawn at the site of the presentation - the Sime Darby gallery.

 
Cheeky Ivan's portrait of me (at Gangga Vegetarian restaurant)

No comments:

Post a Comment