Saturday, May 17, 2014

Sketch 8/30 - Billy Joel (Feb 2014)

Life happens in cycles, and one learns to take the good with the bad. I remind myself to enjoy the good stuff when it happens.

Recently, I had to travel out of town for long periods of time (arbitration) and this meant time away from my family and I missed the simple routine of my day; the early morning run to breakfast, designing and the USK sketching excursions.

At the end of another long day, I worked in the hotel lounge instead of returning to my room - trying to find comfort in the company of strangers. The piano player started playing;  familiar tune, I know this one, work was set aside as I tried to recall the tune, I know the words...
"she can kill with her smile,
she can wound with her eyes"

And as I listened and sketched, the evening passed very pleasantly. With a little help from Billy Joel.

No comments:

Post a Comment