Saturday, October 20, 2012

Sean and Sara

As my children grow up; they start to develop their personal interests - many of which are different from mine. And as much as I would like them to share some of my interests, it is difficult to do so without seeming to force them. And as democratic as I try to be; family and friends tell me that my 'forceful' personality may think it is not imposing. But it is....

So it is with some degree of pleasure that I re-discovered these sketches that Sean and Sara painted with me on Sunday afternoons about ten years ago. We stuck them on the wall of the study, until they were eventually hidden by furniture moved in front of them. Sara's bold strokes and Sean's ink and wash combine to form a slice of our personal history.






Of course, those days are gone now, and I am left to run, sketch and garden on my own most of the time.

On a brighter note, Sean has decided to give Architecture a try - he starts his Foundation course next January.



No comments:

Post a Comment