Saturday, October 14, 2023

14th October 2023 Saturday - a breakfast chat, a promise which was not kept


 I meant to run into town for bkft with Freddie, but he is busy hiking with his nephews. So I agree to meet with HY to eat and chat about work possibilities. Sam joins us; a voice of reason and maternal affection. We chat and he agree on how to structure work and form good habits to deliver work on time. Without the reasons, excuses and cars break-downs, stress from house keeping, etc. 

I get in the car feeling optimistic, Sam is quiet. She has seen this before but it quietly hopeful. 

Lunch with Bensen and Mikael about PDF, good chat and even better one about my plans for Phillip's books and my time next term. 

Evening meal with the Sias, and EH - he talks about the school project, Joanne and Ivy exchange notes about fellow students. Later that evening, I ask HY if he sent the drawings as promised at breakfast - he did not. 

Good, my mind is made up. I will make other plans for how my extra work can be done. 



No comments:

Post a Comment