Friday, October 13, 2023

12th October 2023 Thursday - my last term


 Another issue of FLASH, the offspring of INTERSECTION, our local chapter's newsletter which I have edited and help edit for the past 12 years. There was a break in the middle, when I handed the reins over to another architect. I returned as editor in 2019, and we reformatted it as two digital issues each fortnight; FLASH for projects, and NEWS for circulars and practice notes.

After last night's meeting, I confirmed my feelings about stepping down. This will be my last tern at PAMSC - I don't feel the spark of joy when fresh issues are released. It feels like a duty now, not yet a chore and I don't want to arrive at that point. Someone can take over and do it their way, or the newsletter will go to sleep for a period of time - it is alright, some chapters do not have newsletters. This means that someone will take over PDF as well, which might not be as difficult as SY is still in the committee. 

It is the word and text that most people find a challenge. PS thinks it requires a special talent to do what we do, HJ thinks it is not talent but a passion for words and architecture. I think it is the small sense of achievement that we feel each fortnight when we complete and release another issue to our members.

Lunch with intersection ppl - PS and HJ will also take a break from the newsletter next term, we have progressed this far because we enjoyed each other's company and working together. PAMKL contracts this work to companies, it is not done by volunteers 

No comments:

Post a Comment