Monday, September 19, 2022

19th September 2022 Monday - change is good

 

The new office is far from ready, the other lot is still being constructed; the library, the pantry, the conference room and SML's cluster of workstations are still pieces of steel and plywood. 

The front door was only recently installed and we are all seated in one area, some in make-shift positions while others like myself have taken up a permanent spot. Despite this, or perhaps because of this, I feel quite content and anchored at my workstation in the office. A spot which was inadvertently selected for me by Mark who said that my workstation was the centre of the office space. (we measured, and he was right 9.75metres in both directions)

I don't usually need additional motivation to work, but I feel re-energised in recent days. To walk the 9-minutes from home to the office via the troublesome overhead pedestrian bridge with its uneven steps, and later two flights of escalators (which make up for the troublesome climb up the pedestrian bridge). 

Change is good, and timely as well with Sean coming into the office, with new and yet familiar faces joining us at MWA Architects Sdn. Bhd.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment