Saturday, September 10, 2022

10th Sept 2022 Saturday - emergency breakfast

Proposed internal elevation of apartment block
.
The day started earlier than usual when Ni asked me to take mom out of her house so that Ni can sleep. Mom was put on pain medication which seemed to give her hallucinations and keep her awake. It also sounds like the periods awake is starting to agitate mom and frustrate her resulting in arguments with Ni. 


So, we collected her at 5:30 and we went to the market for noodles and coffee, mom was chatting and eating and all seemed normal. Except the subject matter of her conversation was very different, she was talking about people long gone, from years ago, from her childhood. She forgot that Pa has passed away and she can recognise Sam nor the kids. It worried me because this felt like Pa’s behaviour, I hope we have not triggered some onset of Alzheimer’s in mom. 

It helped that Sean and Sara were around to distract and occupy her as I was getting steadily irritated by mom.  I did find time to work though, once session when she was sleeping between 8-10 am. I worked on and sent Singgahsana to Teck, landscape ideas to Mint and spoke to Sherlin about the design of Level 6. It was very kind of her to take the time, and I mentioned this to her during our chat. 

It was a tiring day without having done anything physically taxing, but I was glad when Ni came to collect mom and we could go to our dinner at Louise’s (when I enjoyed listening to Ian Bong). 

Sketches of the Green facade for hotel in Kuching
..
. '


No comments:

Post a Comment